A gardener planted the mangoes trees in a mathematical ordered way (i.e. he planted a tree in rows).
He created the total of 19 rows of trees.
Note: There should be more than 2 trees to count as a row.
What is the minimum number of trees required by the gardener to have 19 rows of trees?
A B C
E F G H
I J K L
M N O P
R S T
5 horizontal rows
4 vertical columns
4 diagonals with slope 1 (ROL, NKH, MJG, IFC)
4 diagonals with slope -1 (SNI, TOJE, PKFA, LGB)
2 knight's move diagonals with slope -2 (AJS, BKT)
Eight Chelsea player makes following statements :
1. Seven of us are lying here.
2. Six of us are lying here.
3. Five of us are lying here.
4. Five of us are lying here.
5. Four of us are lying here.
6. Three of us are lying here.
7. My name is Torres.
8. My name is Lampard.
The last two are Lampard and Torres or maybe Torres and Lampard.
So can you deduce which of last two is Lampard or Torres ?
7 = Lampard & 8 = Torres
#1 spoke the truth and the rest lied
Sweet & very intelligent katty has 8 puppets(Jane Bird Barbie Angel Colleen Nora Lass Missy).
All puppets are of different size. She arrange all puppets to face towards the guest and tell the guess the following clues :
* Jane has three puppets bigger on its left side
* Bird has two puppets smaller on its left side
* Barbie has one puppet bigger on its right side
* Angel has two puppets smaller on its right side
* Colleen has one puppet bigger on its left side
* Nora has one puppet smaller on its left side
* Lass has four puppets bigger on its right side
* Missy has three puppets smaller on its right side
Also some puppets are inside the bigger puppets.
Assuming you are the guest , can you tell the katty how the puppets are arranged ?
Barbie Nora | Jane Lass | Bird Colleen Missy | Angel